Fri Dec 16 15:47:03 CST 2022
1. Low cost, suitable for novices
2. Simple management, no need to configure the website environment, just upload the website program.
3. Shared resources, insufficient stability.
Due to the shared server bandwidth and IP, all are cheap in price. Virtual hosts are generally configured for users to use directly, which is very convenient for customers to purchase and use.
Because the bandwidth is shared, the bandwidth of the virtual host is not guaranteed. IP sharing will reduce security. Because all virtual hosts are separated as a whole, they are not as strong as ECS in anti attack.
1. Flexible expansion, upgradeable configuration, pay on demand
2. Simple and efficient, no need to purchase machines in advance, ready to use and rapid business deployment
3. Independent operating system, isolation of hardware resources + exclusive bandwidth
4. Centralized remote management platform + multi-level business backup
Independent IP and bandwidth ensure the speed of the server. Independent IP can better ensure the security of the website. At the same time, ECS also has an image function, which can avoid the loss of server data and further ensure the security of the website.
The cost is lower than traditional servers, but higher than virtual hosts. The environment configuration of the server needs to be built by itself and must be professional.
1. ECS can support elastic expansion and pay on demand, while virtual hosts do not
2. The ECS needs to configure the environment manually, and the virtual machine does not need to configure the environment
3. ECS is an exclusive resource, and the resources of virtual hosts are shared
4. ECS can be managed by remote desktop, and virtual hosts can only be managed by FTP
Virtual host - days to weeks
ECS - instant, can be completed in a few minutes, can be deployed with one click, and can also install the operating system independently
Virtual host - generally: rented white card server with high failure rate, basically no ARP, Trojan horse and DDoS prevention capability, basically no standby machine and data backup service
ECS - high: built-in ARP prevention, large-scale improvement of DDoS anti attack capability; Share the performance and reliability of brand enterprise server and hardware virtualization, with built-in ha; Provide backup, snapshot, data backup and other rapid recovery measures
Virtual host - good and guaranteed
ECS - good and guaranteed: same as physical server
Virtual host - capacity expansion requires re renting new servers and paying for the original rented resources
ECS - instant provisioning and on-demand expansion without paying for the original leased resources
Virtual host - quarterly and annual payment costs are high, and it is necessary to pay a deposit for the service provider to transfer capex expenses; You need to maintain the leased server yourself, resulting in high OPEX
Cloud server - the lowest comprehensive cost: monthly payment without deposit, on-demand use, on-demand payment, basically zero maintenance, and can also share the cost advantages brought by large-scale, green energy saving and best it practices
Virtual host - remote control card is required and it is only possible to rent brand machines, so centralized and unified management cannot be realized
Cloud server - built-in KVM, customers can centrally and uniformly manage distributed cloud servers through self-service system; Have full root or super administrator operating system privileges.